Why we created Unfiltered
We’re living through the greatest era of health and wellness innovation the world has ever known and you are being let down.
You’re being let down by traditional media, who churn out clickbait and listicles instead of investigations and substance.
You’re being let down by lightweight fitness influencers who game the algorithm and steal your attention.
You’re being let down by rock star scientists who cherry-pick studies and massage research without ever being properly scrutinised or held to account.
You deserve more. You deserve better.
You deserve Unfiltered – a website dedicated to delivering films and features that spark debate, provoke thought and help you exploit tech-led breakthroughs in health and performance.
We want to revolutionise the way stories and ideas – whether they are focused on personal optimisation or the future of society – are created and shared. And we want you to be part of that revolution.
What you can expect from us
Everything we do is focused on quality, honesty and giving you information that has a positive impact on your life and the lives of the people who matter to you.
Every working day we will release new and exclusive films and features created to help you ‘Live Smarter’.
We’ll feature the world’s leading coaches, academics and entrepreneurs. And we’ll feature anyone with valuable life lessons to pass on or ideas and insights to share. We are not on a side. We are not in a camp. We are dedicated to sharing useful and inspiring information that has a real impact.
What we believe in
When it comes to information, we will always be open minded. New experiences teach you new lessons. New research shines a light on new evidence and reveals new knowledge. That’s why science, as Unfiltered contributor and exercise physiologist Dr Andy Galpin says, “is a moving target”.
We do, however, believe in a few guiding principles. They are ways of living. Patterns of thinking. Universal ingredients for a happy, healthy and fulfilled existence. They are:
- Challenge yourself Want to grow? Then step out of your comfort zone.
- Pursue your purpose You’ll be happier. So will those around you.
- Cultivate resilience Life is unpredictable. Challenges are inevitable. Responding positively to set-backs is a valuable skill.
- Seek connection Family, friendship and community count – especially in a digital-first world.
- Embrace resistance Resistance training is a universal key to vitality. For the young. For the old. For everyone.
- Eat from the land Want to eat well? Eat whole foods.
- Prioritise facts Yes, feelings matter. But facts offer an objective way to make informed choices.
Join the conversation
We created Unfiltered to raise the standard of information around the personal and practical applications of health and wellness advice and how those subjects intersect with the drivers of the modern world – tech, business and politics.
We also made it so we could broaden and deepen the conversation. And that’s where you come in. We want you to get in touch. To tell us what you think. To be part of the team.